Saturday, February 5, 2011

PKR Vice-President N.Surendran’s statement

On 18th December, 2010 I was appointed as a Vice President of KEADILAN. I welcome this appointment and thank KEADILAN for placing their trust in me by appointing me to this position. I hope to bring to the important task
facing me, the experience I have gained from more than a decade’s work
as a human rights lawyer, an activist, and an NGO Leader.

That experience taught me that many of the problems facing the people
can only be resolved by engaging in the political process, in order to
reform and change the way this country is administered. And I have no
doubt that KEADILAN and the wider Pakatan Rakyat have the resolve and
capability to carry out this process of reform and change, and to create a fairer, juster, and more prosperous Malaysia. Pakatan Rakyat’s Common Policy Framework is humanist, compassionate, practical and achievable. It is a sign-post to a better future for all Malaysians.

Unlike the Barisan Nasional component parties, KEADILAN is a multi-racial
party which acts in the interest of all the races of this country. I
recognise that different types of problems are faced by the various
communities in this country. These problems have to be looked into
according to the needs of each community. I am fully aware of the
serious problems faced by the Indian community in this country, and
resolve to attend to it, hand in hand with the issues facing all the
other communities. No community or segment of this country can be said
to be enriched, if their brethren in another community remain
impoverished. As a human rights lawyer and activist I have represented
victims of all races such as Kugan, ex-airman Tharmendran,
Aminulrasyid Amzah and Norizan Salleh. As Vice President of KEADILAN I will continue to assist my fellow Malaysians of every race and creed.

I do not believe in a politics of cliques, factions and coteries. I
believe the aim of politics is not self-aggrandisement or to profit
oneself, but to benefit the people and uplift the nation. Whosoever
has the good of the people at heart, he is my ally in this struggle.

I call upon all Malaysians who love freedom and justice to rally
around us, and help us save this country from the grip of oppression
and misrule.

I take this opportunity to wish all Malaysian Christians, a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment